To defeat your opponents at Fortnite, you should understand tactics and have excellent survival skills. But performing the optimal settings is just a significant thing to improve the game as well. This matter concerns you particularly if you usually don’t notice the optional menu and just play with the default settings. You can fully enjoy the gameplay with help of this guide to optimizing your settings.
Optimize your PC settings in general
It is vital to keep your operating system in a good condition. This means that your video card drivers must be updated. If your computer has Nvidia GPU, follow some advice to increase your computer performance.
- Find 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Find the Program Settings tab and select Fortnite. If no game is found, click “Add”.
- Choose the maximum FPS up to 1.
- Power Management Mode is a parameter for ultimate performance.
- Turn on threaded optimization and off vertical synchronization.
You’ll see the small third icon at the top of the Fortnite main screen, so find the gear to get into Settings. Choose such video settings that will maximize your computer performance:
- Play in full-screen mode.
- Choose custom monitor resolution settings. If you are not sure, check the monitor resolution on the Internet.
- Choose unlimited FPS.
- Set up your monitor concerning 3D resolution.
- The medium view distance is sufficient.
- Remove shadows, and Fortnite will work better.
- Medium anti-aliasing is the perfect balance between performance and image quality.
- If some problems with FPS occur, it is better to choose “Low textures”. But choosing “Medium”, “High”, or “Epic”, your gameplay will be visually more enjoyable.
- Low effects will stabilize your FPS.
- Set low post-processing.
- Switch off the vertical synchronization if you don’t have serious problems with freezes.
- Remove the motion blur as it may make the visibility worse.
- Turn off the grass for your easier detection of enemies.
- Show FPS is useful when debugging the performance settings.
Some gamers reduce the screen resolution settings purposely, so the game may seem stretched. It doesn’t look very aesthetic, but everything seems to be closer and makes it easier to detect opponents by increasing your hitbox. Do the following actions:
- Turn on full-screen mode;
- Reduce the resolution;
- Try various parameters to get a suitable one.
After following all the above-mentioned guide, you can optimize the best Fortnite settings. Finding an appropriate option for you takes some time, but it is worth it. Whether you are a beginner or experienced gamer, spend some time to enjoy then more responsive gameplay and smooth FPS.